(erielack) Corroboration of an earlier piggyback flat thread...

Several years ago the topic of the stretched Erie 75' flat cars was discussed, and how it didn't appear that extra length was added in the middle.

I found this in article in an EL Magazine I was reading through, which states that the length was added to the ends, verifying the thoughts of the list at the time.

"Meadville car shop will have the task of adding ten feet to the length of fifty of our present 75-foot flat cars used in piggyback service. They will be made into 85-foot flats by adding five feet to each end of the cars. The trucks underneath the cars will not be changed."

- - Paul