Re: (erielack) Passenger special in 1969?

Tim,

This was the EL's "officer's special" to the Summit Centennial (or is that Bicentennial?) celebration. They had GP7 1405 freshly painted up for the occasion. Morris County Central 2-8-0 #385 ran excursions between Summit and Berkeley Heights on the Gladstone Branch on this day.

I have some other photos of this train that I'll post once I return from the business trip I'm currently on.

- - Paul

>Saw this photo on ebay:
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/5X7-B-W-Photo-Erie-Lackawanna-RR-Diner-Coach-Loco-1405-Summit-NJ-1969-/221137332213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337ccfe7f5
>
>Any idea what this train was for? Obviously not a regularly scheduled
>train!
.Railfan.net/erielackunsub.html