From: Gary R. Kazin <gkazin_@_yahoo.com>
To: EL Mail List <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Fri, Oct 5, 2012 3:01 pm
Subject: Re: (erielack) Del Water Gap domes in the gap.

- --- On Fri, 10/5/12, intercityrailpal_@_netscape.net <intercityrailpal@netscape.net>
wrote:
> I rode domes into Hoboken on a private car special in 1992,
> I'm not sure of the date but it was in the 1990's. We parked
> where the light rail station is today.

Well, almost.  But the tracks beyond 18 never had wire, and Hoboken Terminal is
one of the really now clearance areas.

> Also the Baltimore and Ohio had low domes that ran under the
> Pennsylvania Railroad wires everyday into Washington Union
> Terminal in DC.

Probably into the same few tracks that Amtrak's all-Superliner Capitol Limited
uses today, where the wire was raised to provide extra clearance.

> I also rode a Former Union Pacific dome owned by
> Susquehanna to Scranton. Through Factoryville tunnel.

No electrification out there...

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey