(erielack) Re: Delaware Water Gap hotels

> #s 65 and 67 look north from the NJ side at PA across the river.  The station and large hotels are, I guess, in Delaware Water Gap, PA.

The hotel on the left center, on the side of the hill (Mt. Minsi) is the Kittatinny Hotel. Burned in 1931.

The Water Gap House is on top of Mt. Minsi. Burned in 1915.

Here's an NPS potted history: http://www.nps.gov/dewa/historyculture/upload/cmsstgKITHO.pdf

This map
http://www.dutotmuseum.com/images/map.jpg

indicates that the hotel across from the station is the Delaware House. It also shows the boat landing.

I think there's an Arcadia book available with many photos of the whole area.

> Belvidere, NJ, being about 10 miles south, does not appear in any of the pictures.

ah yes, you are right. So, I guess those buidlings are in Delaware, NJ?

Dave Goessling