Re: (erielack) Re: (erielack )Marion Ice house/Yard

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, Terry Miliczky wrote:

> Henry,
>
> Thanks for posting this diagram and yes this was the Marion ice house location.  This is the
> first Sanborn map that I've ever seen for Marion that incl yard trackage that far west of
> Kenton Avenue.
>
> Did the Sanborn maps depict other buildings within the yard such as the manifest yard
> office located across the icing platform tracks and eastbound main from the ice house?

Terry,

The ice house detail shares a divided page with five other businesses that are
west of the city line. What I clipped is the only yard feature shown other
than the roundhouse area.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services