(erielack) What Depot

On 22-Dec-10 05:33, EL Mail List Digest wrote:
> From: Tim Stuy<njmidland_@_verizon.net>
> Subject: Re: (erielack) What Depot?
>
> Since the train departure board has every train removed except for 5 and 6,
> it has to be between November of 1966 and January of 1970.
>
> Tim
> Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 23:28:47 -0500
> From: Michael Connor<mjconnor_rr_@_hotmail.com>
> Subject: RE: (erielack) What Depot?
>
> After leaving Chicago #6  on the June 15, 1969, schedule was only scheduled to stop at Hammond, Rochester, Huntington, and Lima before arriving in Marion.  In the
> June 15, 1969, Form 1 only Rochester, Hammond, and Chicago were on Central Time.
> MJC

After the Uniform Time Act of 1966, all of Indiana was in Eastern Time
zone except the northwest and southwest corners.  However, Indiana as a
state does not observe Daylight Saving Time.  During the "summer"
months, the entire state effectively moves to the Central Time zone.

A closer look at the train board indicates there may be another word
underneath the "Central" in Central Time Zone.

If it were Hammond, I would imagine there would be some painted out
sections to indicate when a Monon train came thru.    There are some
below what remains but I'd think the train board top would have Monon
blanked out.

So, to me it is either Rochester or Huntingdon.  Surely, someone on this
list has been inside those stations before and can shake some cobwebs
loose?  SMT maybe?

- --
Dale and Ev