(erielack) Merry Christmas

In our house, we say Merry Christmas and I extend that and Seasons Greetings to all of you.  There's been a lot of talk about Boonton's station and I thought of a way I could extend a gift image.  In 1967 I was student teaching at Morris Hills High School.  My home was in Wayne so I took the scenic route to Rockaway traveling Route 202, through Boonton and out the Boulevard through Mountain Lakes to Route 46 often driving through Rockaway past the old Lackawanna station to Morris Hills.  One day in December I left Morris Hills early.  I had my camera with me and stopped at Boonton.  The station was open and heated, being maintained by EL.  REA had just moved out to a centralized facility in the Parsippany area.  The station was still in pretty good shape although some windows were replaced with galvanized sheet metal.  Here are two of the series of pictures I took.  Enjoy them along with the season.

Ed Montgomery