Re: (erielack) Osgood Bradley cars [was Osgood/Bradley cars]

>In the steel era, neither Erie nor Lackawanna owned ANY Osgood >Bradley cars -- especially the "American Flyers."

Well, yeah -- true enough, but as a railfan {for whom nitpicking is the real hobby, trains are just a vehicle for the hobby that attracts like-minded noitpickers who are tolerated as no sane folk would countenance, but we digress . . .]

The NYS&W had six of them, though long after Erie Control ended. Had the NJ PUC been successful in getting the NYS&W into Hoboken, you would even have seen OB cars there.

In the later ownership of OB, the LIRR purchased lots of OB cars -- some of which ended up operating on the DO-incarnation of the S&B (as well as on the NYS&W Southern Division) in excursion service.

So -- while true that that neither the DL&W nor Erie owned OB cars, that doesn't mean that many of us haven't ridden OB cars on what was once the DL&W or the Erie or the EL.

Neither model was the AF variety -- though the LIRR obtained a bunch of them from the B&M and BAR -- so one could have ridden trains on the ex EL in OB cars that once operated with AF cars.

And one of the NYS&W OB cars operates on the Whitewaer Valley with a Stillwell, so . . .

And, of course, OB was owned by Pullman after 1930 -- so one has to look carefully at the povenance of any cars built by Pullman after that, as the Osgood Bradley plant was their biggest, I believe.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie
ELHS #1296