Re: (erielack) Bison Yard Ice House

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010, David Reed wrote:
>   Henry
>     On the Bison diagram, North of the 10,000 gal fuel oil tank in
> the engine service yard. Is that the DL&W Ice house? A track on both
> sides of it and a small stub track.I bought a detailed Bison Yard map
> from the Western New York Railway Historical Society dated 1/1/1976
> and it is one track and no buildings.I also met Ron Dukarm at the
> same time. I hope this makes it to the list,my first time
> Dave

Dave,

On my fuzzy "original" digital copy it looks like it is labeled "ICING
PLATFORM" and appears to be in the approximate location of the DL&W icing
facility. I looked through a good bit of my EL and Buffalo material to try to
find the original paper copy, but no joy so far.

Also, the diesel fuel tank is a 200,000 gallon tank, not 100,000 as George
labeled it on his map.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services