(erielack) Re: More yard questions

>From Archives_@_Railfan.net
>Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:20:59 -0500
>From: "Paul Brezicki" <doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net>
>Subject: Re: (erielack) More yard questions
> There is/was a model RR club in the NY area (Model RR Club of NJ?) that
> modeled an operating hump yard. For retarders they used a network of tubes
> terminating between the rails blowing air.
I believe the club you're thinking of is The NY Society in Carlstadt, NJ.  They have an operating hump yard on their h-o layout

with air tubes between the rails as retarders.  True, their car retarding is not realistic when compared to the prototype, but I think

they're just trying to convey a sense of a 1:1 hump yard.  The rest of it (incline up to the hump tower, the hump tower, etc.)

is very well done, although seriously (and understandably!) condensed.

Bruce S.