RE: (erielack) More yard questions

Bison was approximately 2.1 miles from end to end. That's from Union Road to
just to the right of the Halstead Ave label on the left side of the map.

Scale is a relative term because viewing it on different sized monitors or
printing it on different computers will result in different sized maps.

Henry

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010, Bradley Butcher wrote:

> Thank you Henry, that is indeed a well made drawing. Very Clear. Any idea of the scale? I guess exact scale isn't a must have. But, I would like to know how long the yard is from throat to throat. 2 miles?
>
> > Bradley,
> >
> > Have a look at this Bison digram. I don't recall where I got the original, but
> > George Elwood did a pretty good job of redrawing it on the computer.
> >
> > http://rr-fallenflags.org/el/loco/bison-1.gif
> >
> > I drove over the remains of the hump back in the '80s after it had been
> > dismantled.
> >
> > Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services