RE: (erielack) SDP45 Front Designation

Bob,

> In looking at photos of SDP45s it appears that the front of
> the locomotive was designated with a small plate or medallion
> with the "F" on it.  Does anyone have a clear photo of one of
> these "F" plates?  Also, if anyone has modeled one of these
> in O Scale I would be interested in seeing what you have done.

I believe I have a decent photo of the "F" medallion at home. It would be a nice (albeit very tiny) piece to have made in etched brass, though it might be a little thick in HO scale (but might just be perfect in O scale).

Microscale's HO scale diesel detail decal sets have a representation of these, but obviously, with no relief to them.