Re: (erielack) Different Box Car Lettering

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-12-15-10

EL_55178_boxcar_lettering.jpg (image/jpeg, 701x446 45935 bytes, BF: 6.81 ppb)

List,

I blew up the car side of boxcar photo 55178. The lettering is not flush to
the car. It is flat to the screen, not the car, and it is stepped. The "A"s
are shorter on the left. The stepped lettering is most clearly seen in the
car number. The lettering does not reflect a painted on effect. This looks
like a doctored photo to me.

Henry pointed out it doesn't cover the rivetts and Paul noticed the "C" is
incorrect for EL.

I wish it were the real McCoy, as I like odd-ball paint schemes.

Ron Dukarm