From: "Smtimko_@_aol.com" <Smtimko@aol.com>
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Sent: Tue, December 14, 2010 6:21:29 PM
Subject: Re: (erielack) Latest Diamond - Single E-units on passenger trains

In a message dated 12/14/2010 8:15:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pat.moore_@_att.net writes:

This  still comes as a bit of a surprise to me.  It only seems like every
picture of an EL through train I have seen (note: I don't have the
Through Passenger Service books) always had more than one E-8.
The one  on the cover of the Diamond was the first picture of a
single E-8 I have  seen.

I agree as far a as THROUGH trains were concerned.  I watched EL  trains in
Warren, OH several times a week in from 1962 to the end and I  never recall
seeing anything other than two (or sometimes more) E's, PA's or  mixed.
Train 7 and 8 frequently had a PA and an E but 1,2,5, & 6  normally had two
E8s.

SMT