RE: EL Fate (was RE: (erielack) Alco Farewell / Economy Changes)

I read about it in "Death of An American Railroad".

Ed

- -----Original Message-----
From: Michael Connor [mailto:mjconnor_rr_@_hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 11:03 AM
To: ELRR Lists
Subject: EL Fate (was RE: (erielack) Alco Farewell / Economy Changes)

ETM
The Consolidated Freightways angle is interesting as William G. White (no relation to brothers Garrett C. White, Erie/EL's VP-O [till his brother Wm came back to EL and found a none-EL home for him), and William White, DL&W President 1940-53 and EL Chairman 1963-67), the DL&W's VP-Optn until almost the merger had resigned from the DL&W and returned to his native California where he very quickly became President and Chairman of Consolidated Freightways, at the time one of nation's largest truck companies.  Do you have some leads or verifications on the CF interest in the EL?
MJC