RE: (erielack) Alco Farewell / Economy Changes

More then likely that is what happened. I got curious what did happen and just did a real quick google search. Found no reference to post bankruptcy other then Conrail and abandonment. I'm sure if I searched more I'd find more details but the boss wouldn't like it if I did that right now!

Wikipedia seemed more interested in surviving trackage and had a whole paragraph about the proposed Bunny Ski Trains for Playboy. Ironically I just read an article this morning on the train about Playboy's current struggles to stay relevant in a digital world. In a way, very similar to EL and the rail industry in the 1970s.