Re: (erielack) Did this car get built ???

I'm pretty sure the plans were in the Carstens freight car plan book (along wit a Susquehanna - ex-Erie - 04700 series caboose).

Tony

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Schuyler Larrabee" <schuyler.larrabee_@_verizon.net>
To: "EL Mail List" <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 7:40:59 PM
Subject: RE: (erielack) Did this car get built ???

> > Found info on this odd car on ebay.
> > Read info regarding the design.
> > Auction # 370463739492
> > Did any of these cars get built ???
> > Any photos exist.
> > How long did they survive ???
> > thanks> lynn
>
> Lynn,
>
> Yes, these cars were built. I believe they were in the 9700 series. I
don't
> know how long they were used. I have seen a photo somewhere, but can't
> locate it right now.
>
> I think Schuyler Larrabee had some info on these at one time. Schuyler?
>
> Ron Dukarm

Yes, these were built. I have (not readily accessible and curved with age
so not very scannable) a stereo view of one of these. These drawings have
also appeared . . . . somewhere. And they appear in one of the Edison early
films going through, no less, a rotary car dumper. I am sure that the last
instance can be found with some diligent Google searching.

SGL

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======