Re:Re: (erielack) The Erie's access into Maybrook

Walter -- Go to Ed Crist's ERIE MEMORIES, p 99 (map) and pp 125 &ff for full explanation.  If you don't have this book, get it.  Pictures, maps and grade charts for all Erie divisions.

It tells us that some Erie freights exchanged traffic at MQ, while others originated or terminated at Maybrook.  The Montgomery Branch gave access to New Haven tracks which offered trackage rights into Maybrook.

Randy Brown

Bill,

Thank you for your informative response.

I read in the cited article at http://www.nyow.org/ques_ans_.html that there  were Erie trains which originated in Maybrook. These trains must have used the  Montgomery Branch then to access either the Graham Line or the Mainline. I am  confused.

Walter