From: Rob Piecuch [mailto:lmprjp88_@_yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2010 8:25 PM
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Subject: (erielack) Latest Diamond - Single E-units on passenger trains

The latest issue of the Diamond shows the Lake Cities on the cover with a
single E8 for power. This is only the second time I've seen a photo of the
train powered by a single unit. Was this a rare occurance, or just a seldom
photographed occurance?

Also, inside shows an EL business train also with a single E8 - the still
extant 833. I don't recall ever seeing an EL business train with a lone E8.
(Conrail was a different story) Assuming the consist is 833, Spirit of
Youngstown, and business cars 3 and 300, all the equipment in the pictures
is still extant.

Rob P

02:34:00