(erielack) Dining cars

To List;Many years back, I kit-bashed a couple of Erie Dining cars,

using AHM bodies, with Walthers arch-roof wooden shape stock.

I re-shaped their kitchen windows, with sheet styrene, and used

Walthers kitchen vents after I covered  their roofs with canvas, pardon me,

masking tape.

I did a similar bash for Boonton Line coaches,

with AHM 1920's coaches, by cutting off the vestibules, and adding

Athearn AT&SF caboose ends, with Walthers "pug" step assemblies,

with old Central Valley commonwealth trucks; they are one window

too short, but compare nicely with my brass ones, and are a LOT CHEAPER!

And the guys at my club, never noticed....

I do miss those old parts, but fortunately I stocked up.

for my opinion, except for SP or PRR triple-unit Diners, none are longer than about 90 feet.

I did one of these, too, with 2 Athearn streamline coaches and an RPO, put bacon fat in the

kitchen car so it even smelled right; wonder if the guy I traded it with knows that yet?

73's, Charlie Gerow