From: "The Foleys" <dafoleze_@_comcast.net>
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Sent: Friday, December 3, 2010 1:35:41 PM
Subject: (erielack) Seeking information on Erie 939 to 946 diners

Hi all - I'm hoping someone with access to erection drawings (ELDCPS perhaps?) can assist with my effort to obtain dimensions for the kitchen exhaust vents on the Erie rebuilt diners. I have several ground-level pictures so could could probably estimate but would like to try to be as accurate as possible on these very noticeable objects. I'm modifying one of the old Nickel Plate Products HO brass modernized diners. While the body is closer to an Erie car than anything else I can find, the details like the kitchen vents, hand brakes, underbody and grabiron placement are way off. I have the Erie car diagram book, but there is not enough detail or text description to help with the vents.

I would appreciate any assistance including access to rooftop pictures that might better help with my size estimation. I've reviewed the photos on the ELDCPS site and there are several helpful roof shots but they are all from the lounge end.

Thanks in advance for assisting my effort.

Pat Foley