Re: (erielack) An EL Geep, was: DL&W 959

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-12-01-10

EMDSW1Manual_pg300.jpg (image/jpeg, 500x800 120705 bytes, BF: 3.31 ppb)
EMDSW1Manual_pg301.jpg (image/jpeg, 500x800 139592 bytes, BF: 2.87 ppb)

Walt, Ken and List,

Attached are scans from the EMD Operating Manual for 600 & 1000 HP
Switching Locomotives with 567 & 567A Engines (SW1 & NW2).
Item 6 - Test for water accumulation in engine cylinders - would appear
to reference the procedure Ken discussed.

These do not seem to be locomotives with the automatic drains.

Mike Dodge