Re: (erielack) December calendar picture

Paul, et al,

In reference to the Weekend Chief calendar for December, the caption is
wrong.  Unless they decided to put the PAs on the hind end and shove the
train all the way to Binghamton, that's not Train 21!  The through line
train is going railroad eastbound. (I know, it's really heading south
through the city!)  Considering the time of year it would be dark before
Train 22 went through town, and even later for Train 8.  Therefore, this
would seem to be Train 26, which originated out of Hornell, but only carried
passengers from Binghamton, where it connected with the Lake Cities, east.
Train 26 would have been due through Passaic (it didn't stop) about 9:10 am,
but I suspect the westbound commuter train in the photo is 1157, which would
mean that 26 was running at least 25 minutes late.

Regards,

Vinnie