(erielack) GP7 vs GP9 [was December calendar picture]

Speaking of GP7 vs GP9, a highly respected modeller on another list has recently mentioned that the hood access doors are different, being taller on the GP7.  Is this true? And is the difference follwed by model mfrs?

Or is the difference found on non-dynamic-brake equipped units of either model? (Where the doors don't have to fit under the blister)

Allons! To the pix and diagrams!

Randy Brown
My bad - I'm not a "steam guy" - when I said "Mogul," I meant "Ten-Wheeler" :)

If that was a GP7 vs a GP9, I would have nailed it! :)