(erielack) Re: EL Mail List Digest V3 #3570

In a message dated 8/20/2010 5:33:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
erielack-digest_@_lists.railfan.net writes:

Of  course, this makes it even funnier that when Sea-Land wanted to run
stack  trains in the 1980s, they used the NYS&W, whose terminal put them even
FARTHER away from the Port Elizabeth pier! Go figure.  :)

There is a long and interesting story behind, in which I was involved back
in '84-'85, along with several others. Much had to do with Croxton---

Other issue: Tangent gons:The loads are 50 cal rounds, which we fired from
our tanks in '75 or so. The mfr card on the box (Lake City Arsenal) says
made in  '53. These would be a little too big for my DL&W "Buffalo Gun", which
is 14"  or about 350mm.

Jim