RE: Re:RE: (erielack) computer scare

>Any talented programmer worth their salt can write an application to "scrape" the E-mail >addresses from web pages. The entire list is archived at lists.railfan.net, and those archives >contain the E-mail addresses of the people who posted as part of the archive. I can almost >guarantee you that every one of the names the person from the Phillippines send E-mails to >have posted to the list at least once (if not more) in the past 10 years.

But in this case, not everyone received the bad email. Now it could be that some of us have our virus checker and firewall running and up to date, and others don;t, but It looks to me more like someone active on this list has a virus or malware that's skimming their mail files and/or address book. Remember that for some years, the list was set to reply to the person, not the list, so all the older addresses are likely to be in, say, an Outlook or Outlook Express Addressbook, for example.

>I enjoy hearing what everyone has to say. I know there are a lot of "lurkers" out there, and >I'm fine with that - there are people who want to learn from the conversations, and that's >cool, too.

You mean we don't need to keep the continuing Martz vs DL&W et al. conversation off list anymore? <g>

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie
ELHS #1296