(erielack) EL-PC Leasing Corporation

On the STB website, I came across the name of this corporation that was
involved in some equipment leases to the Penn Central.

I dont think this company (incorporated in Delaware) was affiliated with
EL or PC in any way, but rather was simply a private company affiliated
with General Motors intended to become the middleman for leases to the
troubled northeastern railroads in the early 1970s.  From the looks of
things, as the creditworthiness of the northeastern roads was tanking,
this company stepped up to provide equipment leases when commercial
banks wouldn't touch the carriers. All EMDs that the PC acquired from
1970 onward (SD40s, GP38s, GP38-2s and SW1500s) were acquired through
this leasing outfit. Despite the name, I did not find any EL equipment
leased through this company.   From the looks of things, this company
ultimately transformed to become EMD Leasing in the early-to-mid 1980s.
It just started out with the strange name that mysteriously gave EL top
billing.

Some of the leases listed

http://tinyurl.com/28zrgxj

http://tinyurl.com/268ob6y