Re:(erielack) Erie RR signal and watch towers

Well, Walter --

I'd bet that they painted the buildings in Middletown the same as on the rest of the railroad.  And, if you've been following this list -- no one knows for sure what colors they used.  See the thread: "Painting Erie Depots."

Interestingly, we had this discussion a couple of years ago.  The fact that we're having it again shows the fallibility of human memory.  Everybody remembers that Erie structures were two tones of something on the green side of things, but nobody remembers exactly what.

More importantly, nobody can prove for sure exactly what most of the buildings wore, let alone ALL of them.

So, for your project, pick a couple of colors and go with them.  You job, after all, is to keep their minds off the scenery and on the railroad.

Good luck.

Randy Brown

Hello,

Does anyone have photographs and/or information about the Erie towers at  Middletown, particulary in regards to what colors the Erie painted the towers?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Walter Conklin