(erielack) Re: EL Mail List Digest V3 #3560

In a message dated 8/10/2010 5:33:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
erielack-digest_@_lists.railfan.net writes:

I  have often wondered WHAT did Drew Chem really do?Bill Shep's 1974 track
diagrams show the schematic; Sanford maos give dimensions.

A search on  Drew gave some info, relating to margine. But no details.

Tabor's books  say that they were one of the Lack's largst customers, and
that up to 50 tank  cars would be there at

times.

Ray Neal, a quintisessional (sic) railroader, some years ago (self)
published a book entitled the American Railroad. It is actually his
autobiography---he told us years ago that it was going to be his tell-all--it  really
wasn't , though it talks about some folks. Ray started working in LV  towers
around Buffalo when he was a kid, eventually worked for the  Lackawanna--where
he was a TM and his territory included Drew--his description  of slipping
around in the goo around the tracks is good. I first met Ray at CR  over 30
years ago--he was a character; his writing sounded just like the way he
talked. He has since passed on ;you may find his book on the internet.
Jim