RE: (erielack) EL Boonton Line/Drew Chemical

> Approx. where in Boonton was drew Chemical located? From
> current satellite photos it appears to may have been west Of
> Fulton Street and east of Wooten. I can still see some old
> pieces of rail in that location.  I am counting on Paul T to
> have the answer to this but will welcome anyone.

Close but no cigar! :)

Drew Chemical was located WEST of Wootton Street, and occupied the north
side of the tracks. The trackage between Wootton and Fulton St. (east end of
Boonton) is the DL&W "new yard" that was built for local crews to use for
car sorting when switching Drew. It wasn't used that often - local crews
seemed to prefer using the "old" yard on the west side of town (which today
is URHS's historic equipment storage yard)

Most of the "new" yard is still there, buried deep in trees - that's most
likely what you saw.