(erielack) RE: box of E-L transition era photos > part 2

>EL_GP_1229_where_2.jpg - I think Middletown? (or is this Suffern?)<
 GP 1229 with caboose immediately behind is at Goshen, NY (my hometown!)  The white building immediately to the left of 1229 is (Ted) Wehinger's Meat Market, and just beyond that is Rosen's Variety Store.  This stretch was on my paper route in the late 60's, so I crossed these tracks every day, rain or shine!

Station is to the right (out of the picture) on photographer's side of the train, and last I knew was being used by the Goshen police as their hq.

Bruce S.

Lake Hopatcong, NJ