RE: (erielack) D&H 300

OK, but they are better than nothing . . . They at least have the right number of windows 8^) . . .
it gives you a place to begin working out some dimensions.  You know the car is X feet long, that
the body is about X-platforms long, the proportion is a plus b = total length, and you can compare
the a vs the b and get a rough scale . . . then you know or can safely make a reasonable assumption
that five of the windows are uniform, the other three (Im making these numbers up for illustration
purposes) are 2/3 the length of the first tive, so total window length is 5w + 3(w*0.67), and you
can compare that to the solid window parts . . . let's see, five plus three windows implies nine
solid panels.  They are mostly the same except three of them are about a quarter of the length of
the others.  So, the solid panels are 3s, plus 6*4s, where s is the width of the smaller panels.
Solve these equations and sketch up how that works out.  Does it look like the real thing?  No? must
have made an error, think it through again.  Maybe it will be obvious that one of the window width
assumptions is bogus.  Or maybe it's in the panels, the end panels are wildcards, but they have a
reasonable relationship to the adjacent windows, so you can figure them into the equations.

Simple, no?  Oh, you want an actual plan . . .???  Well, do you want to wait for the plan to
magically appear, or do you want to build a model?

And yes, I >>HAVE<< done this sort of calculation.  One gets to >>KNOW<< the car a lot better this
way.

SGL

Database version: 6.14020