Re:(erielack) EL Power Pool Question(s)

Fairly well documented that EL could get pooled power off the CB&Q/BN,
Milwaukee, and occasionally Rock Island.  RI and Milwaukee generally did not
come very far east.  During the Dereco years, D&H power occasionally ran
through or was borrowed, too.  Probably the oddest picture I've seen is a
D&H C628 at Sterling, Ohio.  Although RI units on the east end in one of the
In Color books is a close second.

I was 2 when the EL ceased to be, so I can't give any in-person reports,
unless you consider BNSF units on the Syracuse branch as odd - which ran
through in the NYS&W era (imagine two full-BN green units, cut off and
tucked aside on the lead that once led to the Magnolia Street engine
facility so an NYS&W F45 and a leased, CP-red M636 beloning to the D-L, can
couple onto the train the BN units just brought in... ).

After the BN merger, any BN road unit could potentially appear, although
most every picture I've seen tends to be six-axle road units, usually green
SD45s, both blue and green/orange GN units did come through.

NKP pooled with the LV, but not with the EL that I'm aware of.
Interestingly the N&W would later continue this practice, even while it
owned/controlled the parallell EL (this would result in a SP SD40, and UP
cabooses, making Sayre, plus I've read rumors of a one-time shot of BN units
running through as well... but that's kind of O/T).

Actually though that does lead to a more interesting question.  In the later
days of cabooses, some cabooses could run through in a pool arrangement just
like locomotives.  This led to the aforementioned UP caboose on the LV, as
well as N&W cabs also turning up.  Did any other road's cabooses pool on the
EL?

Bill K.