(erielack) RE: Washington Post Article

Last Thursday the WASHINGTON POST did a front page story on the Warren-Girard area of Ohio showing pictures of rusting steel mills.  They reported that only one mill continues to operate in that area.  The store went on to illustrate the massive unemployment in that area of the state.  I was thinking about the EL and how Erie used to promote this area as the "Heartland of American Industry".  This has had to affect the remnants of any EL trackage in the area.  I'm wondering what percentage of EL/Erie revenue once came from this area.  If EL were still in place, would this depressed area have forced them into reorganization?

Ed Montgomery