(erielack) waybills, Elmira Twr

To list;

Fascinating discussion on waybills.
I feel just like the fire-fly who met the lawn-mower last night.

ABSOLUTELY  DE-lighted !

BTW, when responding to something here, can you fella's possibly use
<ALT / E> THEN <T>keys, to please edit out some of the repettion?
just a pet peeve.
- ----------------------------
does anybody recall the letter-code designation of the DL&W's tower at
the west end of Elmira, NY's
yard, where the LV crossed. I know about the LV's "HO" and don't mean
that one.
FLAGS DIAMONDS and STATUES, Vol. 12, No. 2 has a track diagram that
shows where it was, but
not the letter-code.
John Armsrong told me that fig. 2-9 in Kalmbach's REALISTIC TRACK
PLANNING, was based on that station area. too bad he ddn't have the
above diagrams, nice yard to model and operate.... built it on the Ft
Pierxe, FL club; gone now.
- -----------------------------
Great story about Pt Morris; and that aerial view! WOW!
GOOD THING THAT THE FREIGHT TRAIN, FROM THE PHOTO, WAS eASTBOUND,
UP-GRADE.
- -----------------------------
I often used to ask, like the Professional Iconoclast, the former
columnist in TRANS Magazine, John Kneilng, how much it cost to send an
empty (container in my case, car in this case) back.
NOBODY, but NOBODY, even the VP of Operations at Sea-LAND, could ever
give me an answer.
the ship (or engine and crew) has to go back anyway.....
(the 1st sign of genius is, when you begin to think of something MY
way. hahaha)
Thanks to that post, I can begin to find an answer.....

OH, that post about a day in the life of CSX; could it have been a
mis-routed car's WAYBILL?
Thanks again,
73's
Charlie Gerow, no initials used, you notice......
hint, hint