Re: (erielack) EL empty car waybill

In a message dated 12/16/2009 9:23:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
g.davids_@_verizon.net writes:

Again,  ask a simple question and . . . . :-)  Thanks for another chance to
 unload.

Gordon

Thanks for going into the details of the movement further and how waybills
worked.  It certainly refreshed my memory and dusted off the cobwebs in my
brain from the days in 1966 and 1967 when I covered Agent's vacations on
the  Mahoning Division.

The interesting thing to think about is:  "all of this happened  without
the assistance of computers."

That is one of the reasons for the half-dozen or so clerks that worked
daily at each of the Joint Car Record Agency offices in Sharon, Youngstown,
Warren and many other cities on EL as well as other railroads.

SMT