Re:RE: Re: (erielack) LogIn

That is/was the old way.  The current "Log in procedure" says your password is the first letter of your first name, your membership number, and the FIRST letter of your last name.

Both the "user name" and "password" are mute on the number of characters rewquired; i.e.: my number is 16.  Is that simply 16, or is it 0016 (as it has been noted in the past)?

I finally got logged on by NOT using the zeros, but I don't remember whether I used the first or last letter of my last name.  But I got on.  Tjen I went my profile and edited in a new user name (it requires three characters) and password. I saved the changes.  Then I logged out and tried to log in.

NO GOOD! "Invalid user name or password."

Well -- WHICH IS IT?

I have now gone through the "Forgot user name?" routine and am waiting for the idiot system to tell me who I am.

Then, I suspect I'll have to go through the "Forgot password?" routine.  Then I'll have to re-edit my profile to put in the data that I want.

All this because -- silly old me! -- I want to renew my membership the so-called modern way.

"All progress is change.  Not all change is progress."

Randy Brown
I seem to recall that you have to use  [First Initial][Membership Number][Last Initial], thus mine would be J3825S.

Unless I'm thinking of some other society!!

Might be worth a try.

<><  john  ><>