(erielack) DL&W F3 question

Two responses by DL&W engineers on the Mars Light question.   Apparently
they could be angled manually to the side, and also the brightness  could be
set via a swing toggle switch.
Bob Bahrs

Bob, no, I don't agree with this guys take on the mars light. I think I
said before that this * mars light * had a rocker type switch , fore ward  was
the bright setting  and to the rear was the dim setting .some (not all)
had the figure 8 setting by turning the handle on the light switch to wiggle
waggle or in the case of a guy not being sure of the speed restrictions
would  turn the light to hit the side of the right of way to light up the speed
boards  as the train approached them. The red light was never lit unless the
unit was on  the rear end then it was a good bright marker.

- -

No. There was a switch where you could spot the light where you wanted to
put it. Mars was the name of the manufacturer. I used to spot a deer in the
Pocono's at night when we saw one we dumped the lights (all) and blew the
horn  so deer wouldn't freeze, which they would if you didn't do  this.