RE: (erielack) Re: Lackawanna Diesels

> > For the modelers:  I tried to talk Overland into doing a
> > model of that centercab locomotive.  DL&W had something like
> > 10 or 11 of them.  B&M had one.  I told Tom (this is before
> > Brian) that they would sell one to every single B&M modeler,
> > and that was because B&M modelers are starved for models
> > unique (almost) to their road.  And they would probably sell
> > fewer total units to DL&W modelers.
> > But since they were identical, that would be OK.  It would
> > only affect the printing of the labels on the boxes.
>
> DL&W has 6 of 'em, BTW.... 450-455.
>
> Not sure how many people would have the $$$ to justify purchasing one of
> these in brass... have you see what brass is going for nowadays?!?
>
> 	- Paul

Like I said, that was while Tom was still in charge, before Brian took over from the business, which
as you know is a while (10 years now?) ago.  Back then I'd have anticipated a price ~$275.00 -
$300.00.  Stiff, but not unmanageable.  Today? Forget it.  Won't happen to begin with, and would be
a grand and painted to boot.

SGL

Database version: 6.13870