Re: (erielack) Scranton Yard Map 1892

This is a trick question.  I cannot find my office in the map since the
building I am in was not constructed until 1910.  None of the buildings
shown in this drawing in the yard are here today.  Some of the walls and
foundations may have been incorporated into current structures, but the
oldest freestanding structure in the yard in the Mine Stores Building
(built 1900).

Patrick McKnight
Historian/Archivist
Steamtown NHS
570-340-5193

We need history, not to tell us what happened or to explain the past, but
to make the past alive so that it can explain us and make a future
possible.-Alan Bloom

             "Adams, Frank P"
             <frank.p.adams_@_ve
             rizonbusiness.com                                          To
             >                         EL Mail List
                                       <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
             12/08/2009 12:01                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       (erielack) Scranton Yard Map 1892
             Please respond to
              "EL Mail List"
             <erielack_@_lists.r
                ailfan.net>

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-12-08-09

1892-1902_Scranton_Yard.jpg (image/jpeg, 6145x2761 4400531 bytes, BF: 3.86
ppb)

Nice overall map of the DL&W yard in Scranton, revised in 1902.  From 2
photos, cropping isn't perfect but close :)

Pat McKnight, can you find your office?

Frank