Re: (erielack) Mahoning Division Yards

Well, Brad, recall that Leavittsburg was adjacent to SN junction.  So, traffic from Cleveland to, say, Dayton would likely be classified at Leavittsburg.  In general, any traffic on the 1st subdivision that was destined for somewhere on the 2nd subdivision or vice-versa stood a chance of sitting in the yard at Leavittsburg.  There were plenty of exceptions, but it all depended on which train it arrived on, where it was eventually headed, and how fast it had to get there.

I'm sure Steve Timko will eventually pipe up with as many details as you need.  He actually worked the tower at SN junction for a while before moving on to other dispatching jobs on the system lasting well into the Conrail era.

Jeff Larson
(Former Leavittsburg resident)