RE: (erielack) Anyone know where this photo is from?

> According to photos the view looking east from this location
> is very different, a deep cut and tall trees creating a
> narrow canyon effect.
>
> Paul B
>

> From: "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)"
> <paul.tupaczewski_@_alcatel-lucent.com>
> Subject: RE: (erielack) Anyone know where this photo is from?
>
> > Michael,
> >
> > This is an Eastbound train at West Arlington, NJ (WR) drawbridge on
> > the Greenwood Lake/Boonton Line.
> >
> > Rich Pennisi
>

> For those who went on our little tour of the just-abandoned
> portion of the Boonton Line a few years back, you should
> recognize the grade in the distance as well as the deck of WR
> Draw (immediately behind the last car)
>
> - Paul

WR Draw was in a "bowl" of sorts - heading west, you climbed up to North Newark. Heading east, you climbed up to Arlington. However, that eastbound run went through a huge cut that the original NY&GL built. The cut is around 100 feet deep, and pretty massive for a relatively small double-track railroad. Today, that cut is filled with junk that people toss down from above. It's sad to see in less than a decade how a fairly busy railroad has gone to a junkyard. :(