Re: (erielack) Cortland, OH

BB,

The Landmark may have received feed. There was another feed mill a bit
further north on SR 46. It may have been Richards feed mill. Not sure about the
 name. This was closer to the center of town.

There was a farm implement dealer that used to receive farm equipment on
the same track that went into the second feed mill. It was sort of used as a
team track, too. I don't think the implement dealer was right in  Cortland.
It may have been Cortland Tractor Sales in Johnston a few miles away.  Near
the intersection of SR 5 and SR 193.

There also was a Busy Beaver store further north on SR 46 that used to get
lumber by rail.

I guess it depends on what era you are modeling which information may be
relevant to you.

Cortland customers were served from Leavittsburg. In EL days an RS-3 would
be power on the local most of the time. I have seen Baldwin switchers on
this  run as well. In steam days it would be an 0-8-0.

Hope this helps.

Rick Fleischer
Cortland, OH.
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!