Re:(erielack) FW: Erie Railroad Stations

Erie railroad stations were, for the most part, two tones of green set off by dark red sashes.

For the correct colors, shades, hues and tints, I hve two suggestions:

1.  Contact somebody at the Park Ridge historical group, which redid their station.  It look pretty good to my 77-year-old memory.

2.  I have always wondered if the Erie got the color scheme for the E8s from their station colors -- so contact the New York & Greenwood Lake for the colors they have used.  Or whoever did the URHS E8s.

Randy Brown
Hi folks,

 This request recently came into my inbox. Does anyone know the correct answer to the question re: correct colors for Erie stations? I will forward the answer to Mr. Adler.

Thanks!

    - Paul

 Good Morning. I am a trustee with the Mahwah Museum Society in Mahwah, New Jersey. I am the caretaker of an 1871 Erie Railroad Station that we are currently preparing to repaint on the outside. Bob Mohowski gave me your name as someone that might be able to assist in finding someone that might know if there was any Erie paint scheme for their depots. If one existed, I'd really like to redo our station in the proper color combination. I've attached a picture of the current color it is painted. I would really appreciate any assistance you could give us.

Best Regards,

Bob Adler
Mahwah Museum Trustee
Donald Cooper Railroad Volunteer