Re: (erielack) Thanks

Agreed. The beginning of my layout is Meadville yard, but the main does continue east from there into staging. In this case I'm using a Faux 2nd mainline track as my westbound yard lead in Meadville. It's generally considered, and I agree, that single track mainlines in model look better/longer. So, even though EL was hardcore about double track mains I'm going to try for as much single track TCS territory as I can get away with to make it look better. But it does seem there will be at least a few stretches of a decent amount of double track. Which if you think about it could just be considered realllllly long sidings heh.

As far as Tallmadge I may use modeler's creative License again there and move some things. Because right now this is what I have for industries in Akron for EL.

Tucker Supply, Akron Sand Blasting, American Bakeries, Azko Salt Co, Beacon Journal Publications (Akron's newspaper?), Burger Iron (scrap), TOFC ramp, Knight Cold storage, Burt manufacturing, City Baking Co, Cotter-Kenmore Warehouse, BF Goodrich Chemical, Hardware & Supply Co, Holub Iron & Steel, Itel Distributing, Lumber Jack's, Polysar Rubber Services.

And these on the cereal belt for sure: BF Goodrich, Philadelphia Rubber Co, Quaker Oats,

Not to mention I've seen the Erie Freight house & a freight station blocks apart from each other. Seems Seems odd to be because I thought these were basically the same thing.   And all this is WAAAAAAAAAYYYY to much (17) to try and cram all into 1 online city on a pike. Granted the Belt line industries will be represented by the belt yard as basically an interchange point (with the tail end of that yard disappearing off stage)
  Good point, Jeff. Having one end of the layout as yard-into-staging is a
  useful design feature. I do more or less the same on my protolanced
  Binghamton-centered layout, except the east end of the yard does pinch down
  into 2 mains for a few inches before opening up again into staging (actually
  2 parallel staging yards, Erie side/D&H/S&U, and Scranton route). This way I
  don't have to try to model the four routes east from Bingo; I just have the
  mainline heading west. Also, after completeing Binghamton yard, I decided to
  designate it as major class yard and CC point, something like Port Jervis
  but with more local industry.

  In answer to your other question, there is no listing for Tallmadge in the
  Central Territory Customer file provided to me by Steve Twarogowski.

  Paul B