(erielack) Fwd:Re:Last Milk Traffic to Boston

Straight from the horse's mouth . . . well -- you don't get milk from a horse's mouth, but you know what I mean . . . Don Valentine has followed rail milk traffic for years.  Here's his take.

Randy,

    What you are seeing in the B&M photo at Ayer is in all likelihood
 cars of orange juice concentrate from Florida. My files are buried at the  moment so I cannot give you the date of the last milk into Boston, which wa s in this same period. This was Hood from Eagle Bridge but I doubt it would
 have come into Boston with E-L power unless added with a block of cars add ed at East Deerfield. My feeling is that the job with E-L power in that per iod was nearly run through to Boston from Mechanicsville, which would have  precluded it from handling milk but wouod account for the O.J. concentrate.
Take care, Don Valentine

Of course, this still asks how the EL units got to Mechanicville.  D&H, I suppose.

Randy Brown