Re:RE: (erielack) EL "Canstock car"

I have to remark:  In 60 years of watching and participating in transportation, I have never seen a facility which would allow simultaneous loading of a car from both sides.  The very slight improvement in loading time would be far offset by the inherent dangers:  whatever the lading, someone has to be in there tying it down.  With two forklifts running around, the risk of injury would increase exponentially.

But -- maybe I missed it.

Randy Brown
 I favor Larry's explanation: offset doors permitted simultaneous  access by forklifts from both sides, facilitating rapid loading/unloading.

Paul B