Re: (erielack) Early Conrail video along the Scranton line

At 11:33 PM 8/24/2008, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>I found this neat vid while searching Youtube. It's an early Conrail coal
>train with EL\PC\LV power along the Scranton line. The lead EL U boat blows
>a turbo along the way. Later EL GP7's are added on the front and PC\EL units
>on the rear to make the grade out of Scranton. It's pretty cool!!
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN8zViJ22RQ
>

>Mike D.
>

>         The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
>         http://EL-List.railfan.net/

  Neat!!! I think this is from one of the "Revelation video" tapes
from years back. This is train destined for the power plant at
Portland.........the lead unit obviously having some problems with
it's turbo. Evidently, they sent helpers, which are seen leading as
the train motors through Tobyhanna......then they cut the helpers off
at what I think is Mt. Pocono.....and the train is last seen at
Cresco, sans helpers. pretty neat to see these old locations.....and
compare them to what's there today.....Nice post!

Rich Onorevole