(erielack) Re: EL Mail List Digest V3 #2837

I was afraid someone would ask that as I really don't know.  Lackawanna
changed engines at Scranton during steam days and if they used helpers
eastbound they would be on at the station.  Tabor tells a story of a coal
train running to New Jersey and their helpers cut off at Gouldsboro, so it's
possible the passenger train helpers did as well.

I mentioned the DL&W running three sections of number 6 on Labor Days.
Tabor also talks about them running 5 sections in the 30s, one from Buffalo,
one from Elmira, one from Binghamton, one from Scranton and one from East
Stroudsburg.  Oh well, route 17 and route 80 didn't exist back then.

Curtis
> From Archives_@_Railfan.net
> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:52:56 EDT
> From: "Janet & Randy Brown" <jananran_@_mymailstation.com>
> Subject: Re:(erielack) Re: Helpers and Train Length
>
> How about eastbound out of Scranton?
>
> Randy Brown
>
> Helpers ran from Gravel Place to Pocono Summit and from Scranton to
Clark's Summit.  Don't know about Dansville Hill, someone else will have to
help there. . .