From: "Janet & Randy Brown" <jananran_@_mymailstation.com>
Subject: Re:Re: (erielack) Re: CNJ Interchange

Perhaps the thought was that anything between Erie's northern New Jersey
industrial or consumer base and the New Haven's southern Connecticut
consumer or industrial base could as easily go by float instead of going
halfway to Port Jervis and then halfway to Albany just to come back or
vice-versa.  Besides, any such rate might have been based on the shorter
mileage, making Maybrook the less economical alternative.

Randy Brown
> Erie/EL had no need for significant interchange with NYNH&H via NY Harbor
> float because of the direct interchange at Maybrook. PRR, CNJ, LV and DL&W

PaulB - -

What I'm interested in learning is why the Erie did any float business with
the NH at all, given the Maybrook Gateway (at least 1908-1960). . .

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie
ELHS #1296